New Beginnings
Okay, here's my blog for this month, for those of you have been on my back about it. Actually, it makes me glad that you all care to look.
So the summer is over officially, boo hoo. Oh well, I'm excited about some of the new things that our family is starting this September.
Actually, I guess the new things are really only for Easton. He started preschool. He goes Mon and Wed afternoon and he is really liking it. I stopped in today for a few minutes and he didn't really even care that I was there. He was busy singing and interacting at story time. They lined up to go to the gym and he is one of the biggest in his class. One of the assistants told me that they are really enjoying him and that he's a really nice boy. But he does have to be separated once in a while from his buddy, Matthew, because they are having too much fun and not paying attention. Hmmm...I wonder who he gets that from.
The other thing he is going to be starting in October is skating lessons. He'll be going once a week until March. I have to do volunteer hours, so I'm on the phoning committee. Should be fun to see how he does this year.
I'm playing volleyball again and Adam's playing hockey. Neither have started yet. We are also still involved with our care group and I'm going to have to fit in work somewhere too.
The kids have been fun lately. Somebody said to me recently that they wished they could go back to when their kids were little like mine. It really made me stop to think about the fact that I can get so impatient and irritated with them and I need to relax and start enjoying them more. So that's what I've been doing lately. And I don't want them to grow anymore. I don't even need Bradon to grow, I already have a 2 and 4 yr old, I don't want him to grow up, can't he just stay this cute, giggly baby forever.
Although, I can't wait until he sleeps through the night. Ever since I put in my last blog that he was sleeping well, he's been waking up every 3 hrs. So I started feeding him cereal the other day and he's not hating it. He's only had about a teaspoon in the whole 3 days, but it's a start.
Jed has been really cute lately too. He's not such a little brat anymore and he's starting to turn into a really caring little guy. He says "Thank-oo mom" even when I don't expect him to. Today I was cleaning up Bradon's clothes and putting some away that he grew out of and I said to Jed that I was going to cry and he says.."No mom, don't cry"..I looked at him and thought.. no why would I cry about past baby things I've got him right now.
Oh, I almost forgot, Jed is sort of potty training himself. I didn't want to do it yet, but he wants to go on the potty by himself and he stays dry for a long time. We'll see, I'm not super strict about making sure he goes, so I may be confusing him more than anything.
I should get to bed, we have Parent Preschool starting tomorrow morning. Here's a few pictures of the past month.






3 Comments:
Thanks for blogging!! We had a great time with you this weekend. See you soon.
Great to read an update! Your boys are adorable. Happy busy autumn to you. :o)
Amber
Thanks for the photo of the boys- your fall sounds quite busy, and it hasn't even started yet!! Take Care -Jodi
Post a Comment
<< Home