Wednesday, December 20, 2006

'Tis the Season

Okay, I finally have a few minutes of quiet so I'm taking advantage of it and updating my blog. Adam took the boys to Charlotte's Web, it is a much needed break for me as I spent the day Christmas baking, looking after 5 kids 4 yrs and under (3 of them mine) and going to Easton's preschool Christmas party.

I figured that a few of you would be checking in here since I put it in the Christmas card, so I thought I would reflect on how God has blessed our past year:

- we started the year off with a Unifeed trip to Mexico with 60 other people. The first 3 days were spent touring dairy's and feedlots in the north and then the last 5 days we relaxed in the Mayan Riviera, we had a great time, we can't wait to go somewhere like that again.

- in April Adam went to Ontario for a hockey tournament.

- in May we had our third boy (see previous posts).

- in July we went to Drumheller to the Dinosaur Park for a family holiday and then on to Regina for a wedding. We met up with all of Adam's side of the family for a weekend, it was so much fun to spend some time with them all.

- in October we were able to go down to Columbia Falls, MT for a week with Adam's parents, we did some golfing, relaxing, and sight seeing. It was great.

- in November Adam was able to go to Minneapolis to surprise his good friend Colin Manson for his 30th.

- we are not going home to MB this year for Christmas but Adam's parents were just here over the weekend and my family and cousins are all meeting in Vernon, BC again this year for 5 days of snowboarding/skiing again.

- we also had many visitors over the year as usual. Keep coming.

Easton is 4 and totally into learning new things. He likes to build things, sing, do puzzles, and make things for people. He learned the alphabet and numbers in about 2 days just before school started. He can write his name and do 100 piece puzzles all by himself. He also likes the physical stuff too, this summer he took two levels in swimming and he spent a whole day outside with my dad hitting a baseball. He's also in skating and loving it. He comes home and says he's in the front of the line (okay so maybe that's true when he's going backwards, but not exactly the case going forward). It's so cute watching him shuffle along.

Jed is my huggable truck loving 2 yr old. He is so affectionate, loves to hug and kiss people and he's really considerate and polite saying his please and thank-yous and making sure everyone says thank-you to me for supper. He really likes to pretend to fix things with tools and fill up his big dump truck with hotwheels cars and drive it around. He talks really well, but it's really broken. I could listen to him all day long if it's all I had to do. He loves to play hockey too, "Wanna pway hock-ey?" how can we say no. And of course, anything Easton does, Jed has to do too.

Bradon is such a good baby. He is 7 mths old and he is so content and easy going. I take him everywhere I go (volleyball and work), because he won't take a bottle and he just sits there and smiles at everyone. He is on solids and sleeping pretty well through the night (finally). He doesn't roll over but he does sit. The other day he was sitting on the couch watching me and Jed play hockey and he giggled histerically every time I hit the puck (I didn't think I was that bad). We are so blessed to have him in our family of boys.

Adam is still with Unifeed, teaching Sunday School, playing hockey, hunting, and fishing. I am still working part-time, playing volleyball, in bible studies and busy with the boys.

Anyways, this is getting longwinded so I will rap up with wishing you all the best for this Christmas Season and a prayer that we will all remember our Saviours Birth and the real reason for this season.

3 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So good to read about what you have been up to - you are a busy girl! Your boys sound so adorable and lots of fun - it would be great to all get together again. Let me know next time you are in winnipeg.

 
At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So good to read about what you have been up to - you are a busy girl! Your boys sound so adorable and lots of fun - it would be great to all get together again. Let me know next time you are in winnipeg.

 
At 12:52 AM, Blogger Super Cooper's said...

We just arrived home and decided to check out your blog, we were so impressed we decided to start one ourselves. We hope this message finds you home safely. We had a wonderful time, and have fun getting to know the boys and playing games with everyone!

Pam :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home